Murramarang National Park
Swim, paddle, and snorkel at Maloneys Beach at the southern tip of Murramarang National Park.
Maloneys Beach is a safe, sheltered beach just a few minutes’ drive up the highway from Batemans Bay. Park your car in the carpark and explore the tranquil shoreline and walking tracks. The calm and shallow waters of nearby Chain Bay or Acheron Ledge are top spots for snorkelling and fishing.
Maloneys Beach is known for its friendly kangaroos that laze and graze on the grassy areas. Meet the furry locals – just maintain a safe distance and avoid disturbing these animals.
Acheron Ledge walking track
Acheron Ledge walking track, in southern Murramarang National Park, leads to a remote beach offering swimming, fishing and snorkelling with great ocean views to Batemans Bay.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass
Things to do (54)
- Aboriginal culture (7)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (30)
- Canoeing/paddling (7)
- Fishing (13)
- Historic heritage (4)
- Horse riding (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (13)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (29)
- Snorkelling and scuba (9)
- Surfing (7)
- Swimming (20)
- Walking (30)
- Waterfalls (2)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)