Acheron Ledge walking track
Murramarang National Park
Acheron Ledge walking track, in southern Murramarang National Park, leads to a remote beach offering swimming, fishing and snorkelling with great ocean views to Bateman’s Bay.
- Murramarang National Park
- 1.5km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- Rips and strong currents may be present at Maloneys and Quirriga beaches - take care in the water and please supervise children at all times.
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching
Leave the crowds behind while you enjoy the natural beauty of the South Coast via Acheron Ledge walking track. This moderate track leads to a superb isolated beach in the southern precinct of Murramarang National Park, near Batemans Bay. You’ll feel like you’ve been castaway on a remote island; ideal for folks who like an adventurous nature getaway.
Winding through towering spotted gum forest, you’ll arrive at windswept Quirriga Beach, with views south to the rugged Tollgate Islands. Pack the snorkelling gear if you’d like to explore the underwater worlds along this unspoilt coastline.
Enjoy a beach picnic, fishing and swimming at this remote and rustic location. Keep your eyes to the oceans as you might spot whales, dolphins or sea eagles cruising above the waves on the sea breeze.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass