Grotto Point Aboriginal engraving site
Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Grotto Point Aboriginal engraving site.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Grotto Point Aboriginal Engraving site is located near Grotto Point and Washaway Beach in the Dobroyd Head precinct of Sydney Harbour National Park.
- To get to Dobroyd Head, cross The Spit Bridge and turn right onto Sydney Road. Turn right into Woodland Street North, then left into Bareena Drive, which becomes Dobroyd Head Scenic Drive.
- The closest access point is from the carpark at the end of Cutler Road, Balgowlah Heights. The site is approximately 100m downhill from the carpark.
- You can also access the site from Arabanoo lookout at Dobroyd Head, which is the main parking area for this section of the park.
- If coming by foot, take the Manly Scenic Walkway (Spit to Manly Walk) to reach Dobroyd Head. The site is approximately 3.8km east of The Spit Bridge and 5.7km west of Manly.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available a short walk from the site, along Dobroyd Head Scenic Drive that surrounds Tania Park or at Cutler Road, Balgowlah Heights. Please check local signage for parking restrictions. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Toilet facilities are located at Tania Park, adjacent to Arabanoo lookout.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- Designated disabled parking is available at Dobroyd Head
- Middle Head office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9960 6266
- 2 Governors Road, Mosman NSW 2088
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head: $5 per vehicle per day. Tap and pay card or phone payments accepted at pay machines. Coin payment available at Fairfax carpark machines only. Chowder Bay: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully. Park’nPay: You can also pay for your visit to any area via the Park’nPay app.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass