Orara Escarpment 4WD touring route
Bindarri National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Orara Escarpment 4WD touring route.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Orara Escarpment 4WD touring route starts in the eastern precinct of Bindarri National Park. To get there:
- Follow the directions to the park entrance via Dairyville Road
- Take Pine Road up the escarpment and continue to Bangalore Falls on Bangalore Road
- Continue on Range and Urumbilum Creek roads to Urumbilum picnic area and Urumbilum Falls
- Return the same way, or drive back on Range Road, then take Corfes Road and Langleys Road which brings you to Eastern Dorrigo Way, east of Ulong.
Park entry points
- Plateau Circuit trailhead See on map
Parking is available along Orara Escarpment 4WD touring route.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bindarri National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Get off the beaten track and take your 4WD through pristine bushlands, stopping to see the magnificent Bangalore Falls.
Enjoy picnicking and swimming by the river and easy walking to see spectacular waterfalls.
Take a refreshing swim in the crystal clear waters of Urumbilum River.
Head off on your mountain bike and explore the remote forest trails.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 27°C
7°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450