Cambridge Plateau scenic drive
Richmond Range National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cambridge Plateau scenic drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Cambridge Plateau scenic drive is in Richmond Range National Park.
To get there from Casino:
- Drive 40km west along the Bruxner Highway
- Turn north into Cambridge Plateau scenic drive near Mallanganee
- Drive along Cambridge Plateau scenic drive for 9km until you reach Cambridge Plateau picnic area
To get there from Kyogle:
- Drive 12km south along Summerland Way
- Turn west into McDonalds Creeks Road for 5km
- This road becomes Sextonville Road. Drive along this road for 25km to reach the northern entry to the park at Cambridge Plateau scenic drive.
Parking is available near Peacock Creek campground and Cambridge Plateau picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Richmond Range National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Peacock Creek campground is a great place to camp in autumn. This clean, open, sunny campground is perfect for camping with wood fires, while watching an array of birdlife by your tent.
This is a lovely time to drive along Cambridge Plateau scenic drive. See new red tips on the rainforest trees, creamy clusters of flowers on wonga vines, and white flowering clematis vines in full bloom.
Enjoy the cool of the rainforests during these hot months. The Culmaran Creek walking track is a perfect place to cool off.
Watch mists rising in the valley below from Cambridge Plateau picnic. On a clear winter's day, you can see all the way east to Wollumbin and Nightcap national parks.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
25°C and 27°C
15°C and 21°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
If you're travelling through a national park or reserve on a public road you can have pets inside your vehicle. However, you must keep them inside your vehicle while driving through national parks or reserves. You must also comply with any conditions in the park’s plan of management, and you cannot stop to visit the park or use park facilities (unless for safety reasons, or to use publicly accessible toilets).
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474