Cambridge Plateau scenic drive
Richmond Range National Park
From Casino, Cambridge Plateau scenic drive is a comfortable drive along the ridge through scenic rainforest, offering fantastic views.
- Richmond Range National Park
- 32km one-way
- Time suggested
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
- Check the weather before you set out as Cambridge Plateau scenic drive can become boggy when it rains.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
You may be sharing your enjoyable tour along Cambridge Plateau scenic drive with scurrying goannas, red-necked pademelons darting across the path, brush turkeys or carpet pythons basking by the roadside during warmer months. The road skirts along the ridge through Richmond Range National Park, overlooking steep slopes toward Richmond Valley below.
This 32km scenic stretch of well-maintained road is an easy drive that takes you through superb examples of World Heritage rainforest, drier landscapes of grass trees, tall eucalypt forest and open woodland before pulling into the Peacock Creek campsite.
The picnic area and camping spot await you whenever you’re ready to stretch your legs. Near a bend in Peacock Creek, a peaceful and picturesque clearing is available to park your tent or caravan before heading to the Cambridge Plateau picnic area to unwind.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Richmond Range National Park in the North Coast region
Richmond Range National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.