If you regularly visit NSW national parks you can save on motor vehicle entry fees by buying an annual pass, and get park visits for 12 or 24 months.
Read more about Annual passes
Motor vehicle entrance fees are charged at 45 of the over 870 NSW national parks and reserves. Choose from 4 great-value passes that offer annual entry from just one favourite park to all 45 parks with entry fees.
NPWS offers discount and concession annual passes for current Australian Seniors Card holders, eligible Pensioner and Veterans Card holders, and when you renew your NSW vehicle registration online through Service NSW.
How to buy your annual parks pass
Online: Select your annual pass and buy online.
Phone: Call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).
Email or post: Download the Annual pass order form (Doc 153KB) and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to National Parks Contact Centre, Locked Bag 5022, Parramatta NSW 2124.
In person: See the list of participating locations in your area. Subject to change.
Choose the pass that suits you and start saving
|All Parks Pass|
For all fee-collecting parks in NSW, including Kosciuszko National Park.
|1-year pass $190
|2-year pass $335
|Multi Park Pass|
For all fee-collecting parks in NSW, except Kosciuszko National Park.
|1-year pass $65
|2-year pass $115
|Country Parks Pass|
For all parks in Country NSW, except Kosciuszko National Park. See the list of parks this pass applies to.
|1-year pass $45
|2-year pass $75
|Single Park Pass|
For any 1 designated park in Country NSW, except Kosciuszko National Park. See the list of parks this pass applies to.
|1-year pass $22
|2-year pass $40
|*See more information about Seniors discount annual passes.|
Public Health Order 2020 (COVID-19 restrictions)
The Public Health Order 2020 (the Order) places restrictions on an individual’s movements and the activities they can undertake in public spaces. Compliance with this order, and the COVID-19 pandemic generally, may require the full or partial closures of some NSW national park locations. Compliance may also result in changes to the availability of park attractions and permitted activities, including being unable to drive into a park or park area for extended periods.
When buying an annual pass you accept that due to the Order and COVID-19 pandemic generally:
A. There may be significant or prolonged restrictions on your ability to enter a park or undertake certain activities covered by your annual pass.
B. No refunds or extensions, including on a pro-rata basis will be offered due to any significant or prolonged restrictions on access or activities.
Please read the general NPWS annual park pass conditions of use.
Important information about your annual pass
- Please read the NPWS annual park pass conditions of use.
- Annual park passes are usually received within one (1) month. Until then, you can display your receipt to access eligible national parks. If you haven't received your pass within 30 days, please refer to your receipt for information on how to contact NSW National Parks (NPWS), or call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).
- See the list of 45 parks with vehicle entry fees that are covered by 1 or more annual pass.
- Read our frequently asked questions for more information, including: how to display your pass, annual pass inclusions and exclusions, renewal and replacement passes, second householder passes, and compliance.
What fees doesn't my annual pass include
Annual NSW Park Passes are valid for motor vehicle entry fees at up to 45 fee-collecting parks. Annual passes do not cover:
- Camping and accommodation fees
- Landing fees for Sydney Harbour National Park islands
- Landing fees at The Basin, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Mooring fees at Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry to museums, visitor centres, rainforest centres, Discovery and education centres
- Fees for tours, events, activities and attractions in NSW national parks
- The Skitube in Kosciuszko National Park
- Boat landing fees at The Basin in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park and the islands in Sydney Harbour National Park
Are there NSW parks not covered by an NPWS annual pass
Yes. An annual pass will not provide you with access to the following areas and parks in NSW:
- Worimi Conservation Lands require a specific vehicle access permit for motor vehicle entry and beach driving at Stockton Beach in the Worimi Conservation Lands.
- Booderee National Park, at Jervis Bay, is managed jointly by the Wreck Bay Aboriginal Community and the Australian Government Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts.
- 3 areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park have day vehicle entry fees: Halls Peak campground, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales campground. Fees aren't applicable if you're paying camping fees at these locations.
- Restrictions apply in the Chowder Bay area of Sydney Harbour National Park. Read our FAQs for more information.
- Restrictions apply at the Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct of Cape Byron State Conservation Area. Read our FAQs for more information.
NSW National Park annual passes do not cover entry fees to parks in the ACT or other Australian states and territories.