Discount and concession park passes
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) offers discount or concession annual passes for eligible seniors, pensioners, veterans, and visitors who renew their NSW vehicle registration. Discounts and concessions aren't available for daily park entry fees.
Public Health Order 2020 (COVID-19 restrictions)
The Public Health Order 2020 (the Order) places restrictions on an individual’s movements and the activities they can undertake in public spaces. Compliance with this order, and the COVID-19 pandemic generally, may require the full or partial closures of some NSW national park locations. Compliance may also result in changes to the availability of park attractions and permitted activities, including being unable to drive into a park or park area for extended periods.
When buying a discount annual pass, or applying for a concession pass, you accept that due to the Order and COVID-19 pandemic generally:
A. There may be significant or prolonged restrictions on your ability to enter a park or undertake certain activities covered by your annual pass.
B. No refunds or extensions, including on a pro-rata basis will be offered due to any significant or prolonged restrictions on access or activities.
Discount annual passes with NSW vehicle registration renewal
Did you know you can get a $15 discount on a 1-year All Parks Pass or 1-Year Multi Parks Pass when you renew your NSW vehicle registration?
This discount is only available online through the Service NSW registration renewal webpage. Look for the link when you reach the 'Finish' page, after re-registering your vehicle online.
Can’t be used in conjunction with any other discounts. Normal annual pass conditions apply.
Seniors discount annual passes
If you have a current Australian Seniors Card you can save approximately 20% off the full price of all 4 annual pass types.
The seniors discount is not available for Senior Saver Card holders, and does not apply to single or multi-day park entry tickets.
To buy a seniors discounted annual pass you'll need:
- A valid email address to receive your digital annual pass receipt and reference number
- A photo or PDF copy of your Australian Seniors Card (front and back of card)
- A photo or PDF copy of the current certificate of registration of the vehicle you would like your pass applied to, which must be in your name or registered to your address.
Normal annual pass conditions apply.
Find out more about the Australian Seniors Card scheme in your state or territory.
Pensioner and veterans concession annual pass
Australian pensioners and eligible veterans can apply for a NSW National Parks Concession Pass. This gives you free motor vehicle entry for a single vehicle into the 45 national parks that charge entry fees.
Who is eligible to apply for a NPWS Concession Pass
- Australian Pensioner Concession Card holders
- Holders of an Australian Veterans Gold DVA Card embossed with ‘EDA’ or ‘TPI’
- Holders of an Australian Veterans Gold DVA Card without ‘EDA’ or ‘TPI’, who can provide a letter from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs confirming a disability pension of 70% or higher, or minimum 50 impairment points
Who isn’t eligible for a NPWS Concession Pass
- War widows or White DVA Health Card holders
- Student concession card holders
- Transport concession entitlement holders
- International pensioner or seniors card holders
How to apply for a NPWS Concession Pass
You can now apply for a NPWS Concession Pass online. You'll need:
- A valid email address to receive your digital annual concession pass confirmation and reference number.
- A photo or PDF copy of your Australian Pensioners Card (front and back) to upload.
- Or, a photo or PDF copy of your valid Australian DVA Gold Card (front and back) to upload. Gold Card holders without 'EDA' or 'TPI' also need to supply a letter from the Veteran's Affairs Office confirming a disability rate of 70% or higher, or minimum 50 impairment points.
- A photo or PDF copy of the vehicle registration that your NPWS Concession Pass will be linked to. The vehicle will need to be registered in your name, or to your residential address.
Please read the NPWS Concession Pass conditions of use.
Changes to NPWS Concession Passes from 20 April 2021
From 20 April 2021, NPWS Concession Passes are transitioning from being linked to a person, to instead be linked to a single vehicle number plate, as for all other NPWS annual passes.
Read more about changes to concession passes.
NPWS Concession Pass FAQs
Read our NPWS Concession Pass frequently asked questions for more information about eligibility and entitlements.
What exemptions exist for Aboriginal people?
NSW National Parks' exemption policy governs the issuing of fee exemptions to different groups in the community. Aboriginal people are exempt from paying vehicle entry fees when entering a park for approved cultural activities.
This exemption doesn't apply state-wide, and is limited to parks that fall within each group's traditional lands. Please contact the relevant park office directly so that the designated NPWS staff can help you with your exemption request. Park office contact information can be found on each park's webpage.
Are there exemptions for carers?
The Companion Card program helps people with significant and permanent disability to participate more actively in community activities and events happening in NSW national parks, without paying extra costs for their carer.
Please read our Companion Card NSW page for more information information about concessions and exemptions on per head fees that may be available to Companion Card holders.
Still have questions?
If you have more questions about NSW National Parks annual pass discounts and concessions, contact us on:
Phone: 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS)