School excursionSpecial Offer
Woolly tales tour
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Science, Kinchega National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
On this school excursion in Kinchega National Park, Stage 2 (Years 3-4) students will learn about Kinchega's vast pastoral history and woolshed operations while taking a guided tour of the historic Kinchega Woolshed.
Read more about Woolly tales tour
The Historic Kinchega Woolshed precinct is a favourite spot to start your exploration of Kinchega National Park with loads of information to browse and facilities located close by.
Science: Built Environments
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
- Kinchega Woolshed, Kinchega National Park
- 1-3 hr
$5 per student for a half day tour (up to 3 hours).
- Meeting point
- Historic Kinchega Woolshed carpark
- No. Workbooks are provided. Students will need to bring a pencil and a clipboard to lean on.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Broken Hill
- 08 8080 3200
- 183 Argent Street, Broken Hill NSW
- in Kinchega National Park in the Outback NSW region
Kinchega National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has a pay and display envelope payment system - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass