Teacher resourceSpecial Offer
Who cares about national parks?
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography
Who cares about national parks? is a Stage 2 education resource that supports the NSW syllabus learning outcomes associated with Geography, Science and Technology, English and Creative Arts.
Read more about Who cares about national parks?
The NSW cross-curriculum priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures and Sustainability are also addressed.
- examine different perspectives regarding the purpose and management of national parks, and how this evolves over time
- explore the importance to the environment of natural vegetation and natural resources
- learn how different people value the environment and their connection with it
- identify sustainable practices and recognise that there are differing views on how sustainability can be achieved
- use creative skills to propose a solution for an environmental problem, encouraging change within the community.
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||Geography|
The teacher resource kit associated with Who cares about national parks? is comprised of 2 parts:
1. 14-page downloadable word document detailing: