School excursionSpecial Offer
The earth's environment at Wattamolla
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Royal National Park
This Stage 2 excursion at Wattamolla, Royal National Park, is a fun and engaging learning experience for students. It aligns with the earth's environment content of the Geography K-10 Syllabus.
Read more about The earth's environment at Wattamolla
Students participate in a series of hands-on activities to explore both aquatic and terrestrial environments. They investigate how these different environments provide habitats for animals.
Students will have the unique experience of going on a bushwalk along a section of the upgraded Coast track. During this walk, they'll examine how the environment is being protected from human impacts. They'll also explore ways that Aboriginal people use the environment sustainably.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-3. Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Week days during school term.
- Wattamolla picnic area, Royal National Park
- Easy. Guided activities are in a woodland/ heath environment which includes stairs. Some activities on grass, near a creek and a beach.
Student $20 per person. Includes GST, guide and park entry fees. For groups under 25 students, use the 'Enquire now' link.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Wattamolla carpark. Please note, there is no mobile reception in this area.
- Yes. All equipment is provided.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney South
- 02 9542 0615
- PO Box 144, Audley NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass