Wattamolla picnic area
Royal National Park
The coastal Wattamolla picnic area at Royal National Park is a popular family spot for swimming, fishing, snorkelling and bushwalking.
- Picnic areas
- Royal National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- For your own safety, please don't jump from the top of the waterfall into the lagoon. Many people have been injured this way.
- Follow @royalnpalerts on Twitter for regular, real-time updates about traffic and parking capacity.
- You'll need to bring drinking and cooking water to Wattamolla picnic area
- Please don’t feed wild animals in the park
When you’re pining for the feel of sand between your toes, take the family and head to Wattamolla picnic area in Royal National Park. With loads of options to keep everyone happy, this is a popular place to base yourself while you’re exploring the park.
The kids will love the calm waters of the lagoon for snorkelling, swimming and liloing. Unpack a picnic under the shade of the cabbage tree palms and do some serious unwinding, or head to the beach for a spot of fishing.
After enjoying a barbecue lunch, go for a walk along one of the beach tracks, with a prize for the first to see a sea eagle or oystercatcher.
Take a virtual tour of Wattamolla picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
It’s mind blowing that the natural beauty of our national parks is open to all, but this is only possible if we all #LeaveNoTrace during our visit. Check out these 7 simple tips to leave the bush as you found it.
Skip driving and parking in Royal National Park and catch the Park Connections bus. Hop from Sutherland Station or Bundeena Wharf to spots in the park like Audley and Wattamolla.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass