School excursionSpecial Offer
Explore a national park
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Katoomba area
Join us and explore the earth's environment on this Stage 2 (Years 3-4) geography excursion in Blue Mountains National Park. Discover the unique native plants and animals that call this majestic place home.
Read more about Explore a national park
Students will participate in hands-on activities to identify plant species and the animals that rely on them to survive. We'll consider some of the challenges to the natural environment here and how these threats can be minimised.
Together we'll discover more about this important, World Heritage-listed park and the role NPWS plays in protecting and sustaining it.
This excursion has been designed to support the K-10 Earth's Environment geography syllabus. It can be delivered at:
- Wentworth Falls track at Wentworth Falls
- Three Sisters walk at Katoomba
- Fairfax Heritage walking track at Blackheath.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||Geography|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-3. Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Monday to Friday during school term
- Guided. Available on request.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- Medium. Guided bushwalk and activities on a path with uneven surfaces. An easy grade option is available at Three Sisters walk, Katoomba.
$295 for a group of 20 students. GST included. For groups of more than 20 students, additional park staff are required and additional fees will apply.
- Meeting point
- Wentworth Falls: Wentworth Falls picnic area at the end of Falls Road, Wentworth Falls
- Three Sisters: Lilianfels Park, outside the coach drop-off zone, Echo Point Road, Katoomba
- Blackheath: Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Blue Mountains
- 02 4784 7301 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 02 4782 6199
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.