School excursionSpecial Offer
Teddy bears' picnic
Early Stage 1 (Kindergarten), Science and Technology, Thredbo-Perisher area
Teddy bears' picnic is an Early Stage 1 (Kindergarten) school excursion in Kosciuszko National Park, which focuses on science and technology. You'll listen to a story, go on a sensory awareness walk, play teddy bear tag and search for teddy bears on a missing teddy bear trail.
Read more about Teddy bears' picnic
Students will discover that all animals need PAWS (plants, air, water, and shelter). After lunch, children will play 'musical trees' to recognise what happens to animals if the forest changes.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Early Stage 1 (Kindergarten)|
|Learning area||Science and Technology|
Weekdays October to May.
- Guided. Available on request.
- 4hrs 30min
- Easy. Short walk on and off tracks. Environmental games are in a picnic area.
$350 per group for up to 25 students (includes GST). For groups over 25 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Kosciuszko Road at Sawpit Creek, 14 kms from Jindabyne towards Perisher.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass