Woolshed Flat campground
Cocoparra National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Woolshed Flat campground.
Getting there and parking
Woolshed Flat campground is in the northern precinct of Cocoparra National Park. To get there from Griffith:
- Take Beelbangera Road to Yenda
- Turn left into Myall Park Road
- Turn right into Mount Bingar Road
- Turn left at the Whitton Stock Route and drive a further 4.6km to Woolshed Flat Road
- Woolshed Flat campground is a further 3.7km along this road
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Woolshed Flat.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Cocoparra National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Woolshed Flat while the days are still long and warm enough to explore the walking tracks and the cool nights are pleasant for sitting and watching the sun set Keep an eye out for the autumn greenhood, an early flowering orchid. .
Take Jacks Creek walking track to see gorgeous spring flowers, including orchids, daisies, wattles and tea-trees. Watch the first rainbow bee-eaters arrive to build nests in the ground. Their brilliant colours are dazzling. Climb Mount Brodgen to look out over the plains and the tree line of Murrumbidgee River .
Winter rains bring the creeks and falls to life, and the blue-tinged cypress pine trees contrast against the red rocks beautifully after wet weather. The mosses and lichens on Falcon Falls walking track are also renewed with the seasonal rains Wattles begin to flower and their glorious colour will brighten up a cold day .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 33°C
3°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Tank water is available at this campground, but you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- There may be a limited supply of firewood at this campground, however it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- The nearest services (fuel and food) are available at Yenda or Griffith
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
There are noise restrictions in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.