Willandra National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Willandra campground.
Getting there and parking
The Willandra campground is in the Willandra Homestead precinct. To get there:
- From Hillston, drive 53km west along the Mossgiel Trunk Road (unsealed and impassable after rain). Turn north onto Trida Road and drive another 20km until you see the park entrance signposted on the right (east).
- From the Cobb Highway, turn east at Mossgiel and drive 61km east. Turn north onto Trida Road and drive another 20km until you see the park entrance signposted on the right (east).
- Drive another 10km east along the Willandra Creek trail to reach the Willandra Homestead precinct
- Drive west for 400m to find the campground
Roads to and throughout Willandra National Park are closed in wet weather. To check the status of road conditions in the area, visit Carrathool Shire Council website.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Willandra campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Willandra National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Like spring, this season is also a time of mild weather.
Spring brings mild weather and fantastic birdwatching opportunities, as well as being the best time for wildflower displays. Drive, cycle or walk the scenic Merton trail or follow the Nilla Yannagalang Billana walking trail to make the most of what's on offer at this time of year.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 32°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Bore water is available at this campground – you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- There may be a supply of firewood at this campground, however it’s a good idea to bring your own supply.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
- in Willandra National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Willandra National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring correct change.Buy annual pass