Wallingat River campground
Wallingat National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Wallingat River campground.
Getting there and parking
Wallingat River campground is in Wallingat National Park. To get there from Forster:
- Travel 30km south along Lakes Way
- This will take you to Sugar Creek Road
- Stop at Gur-um-bee picnic area to check the information board
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Wallingat River campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wallingat National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
With temperatures slightly cooler, explore the network of gravel roads by foot or on a mountain bike.
With the wildflowers - including the purple blooms of the velvet mint-bush - coming out, this is a great time for birdwatching.
The weather is warm and sunny, so now's the time to pitch a tent and stay for a few days. Make the most of the boat ramp at Cockatoo picnic area Head to Sugar Creek picnic area and, after lunch, take a walk through the cool forest. .
Visitor numbers are down, so take the car along the park's unsealed roads and discover the forest, rivers and lake.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 29°C
7°C and 21°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park. Please don’t leave your fireplace unattended and please ensure any fires are fully extinguished when you leave.
- Bins are not provided, so please take your rubbish with you.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)