Three Mile Dam campground
Selwyn area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Three Mile Dam campground .
Getting there and parking
Three Mile Dam campground is located in the Kiandra Selwyn area of Koscciuszko National Park.
To get there from Tumut or Adaminaby via Kiandra:
- Drive 75.5km south of Tumut, or 37.7km east of Adaminaby, along Snowy Mountains Highway
- Take the Kiandra-Cabramurra Road turn-off (signposted Link Road).
- Three Mile Dam campground is 5.8km on your right
To get there from Khancoban via Cabramurra (closed winter):
- Take Alpine Way west from Khancoban for 5.8km to the Swampy Plains Creek Road turnoff
- Follow the signs for 60km to the Cabramurra turn-off
- From here, follow Goat Ridge Road, then turn right at Link Road towards Kiandra
- Three Mile Dam is around 9.6km on your left
The gates to this campground are closed from the June long weekend to October long weekend. Camping is still possible for walkers; please park in the Goldseekers track carpark on Link Road.
It's recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains from the June to October long weekends. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Parking is available at most of the campsites.
From the June long weekend to the October long weekend, the gates to the campground are closed and the campground is walk-in access only. If you plan to walk to the campground, please park in the Goldseekers track carpark on Link Road.
Dam water is available at this campground, but you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Selwyn area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Selwyn area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kings Cross Road and the Khancoban-Cabramurra Road are closed in winter (June to October long weekends). Some campgrounds in the Selwyn area close in winter.
Park entry fees apply in winter on Link Road
June to October long weekends: $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day (24hrs).Buy annual pass