The Willows campground and picnic area
Yanga State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about the The Willows campground and picnic area.
Getting there and parking
The Willows campground and picnic area is in Yanga State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From Balranald, travel east along Sturt Highway for 23km.
- Turn right at the blue tent sign and continue along
- After 800m turn left at The Willows campground sign
- The campground and picnic area is about 1.5km along the road
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at The Willows campground and picnic area.
Best times to visit
The locals will tell you it can get pretty hot out this way, so you may wish to time your visit to avoid the summer heat. Temperatures during autumn, winter and spring are more moderate - just be sure to check the forecast as roads can become inaccessible in wet weather.
A great time to see the woodland birds - be sure to bring your binoculars.
- Water is not available at the Willows campground and picnic area
- You may find some firewood at the campground, but its a good idea to bring your own
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access the area with some difficulty.