The Diggings campground
Turon National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Diggings campground.
Getting there and parking
The Diggings campground is in Turon National Park. To get there:
- Take Mudgee Road from Lithgow and drive about 40km through Capertee
- Turn left into Lochaber Road just north of Capertee and follow signs to Turon National Park and The Diggings campground
- Access is by 4WD only
- Suitable for camper trailers
- Unsealed roads.
Parking is usually available next to the river on a large grassy flat.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Turon National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The cooler days make it a good time to enjoy the more active adventures in the park – such as remote bushwalking or mountain biking. Or take a tour from the comfort of your 4WD.
Thanks to bird migrations in the area, this is a fantastic time for keen birdwatchers to visit and see many interesting species. The mild weather also makes it a perfect time for camping with the kids.
Enjoy camping in the summer and cool off by paddling, swimming, fishing or canoeing on the river when the days are hot.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
7°C and 26°C
-1°C and 10°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- River water is usually available at this campground, but you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.