The Diggings campground
Turon National Park
The Diggings campground is a great spot to explore all that Turon National Park has to offer – bushwalking and camping, mountain biking, trout fishing, canoeing and 4WD touring.
|Number of campsites||20|
|Camping type||Tent, Camper trailer site, Camping beside my vehicle|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, toilets|
|What to bring||Firewood|
|Price||There are no camping fees at this campground but a $6 booking fee applies.|
|Bookings||Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.|
This peaceful campground at the mouth of Turon River is very popular with 4WD enthusiasts, as you’ll need a bit of 4WD skill and savvy to access it.
Being located right on the river, it’s also great for those who want to enjoy trout fishing or canoeing or just paddling in the water when the weather is hot.
The grassy flats of riverbank are lined with she-oak, and you’re likely to spot kangaroos and wombats hopping around here at dawn and dusk. You’ll also see plenty of evidence of the early pioneers’ mining activities, which once thrived in the area.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in Turon National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Turon National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (11)
- 4WD touring (3)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (3)
- Cycling (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Horse riding (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Trail bike touring (1)
- Walking (2)