Terarra Creek camping and picnic area
Nangar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Terarra Creek camping and picnic area.
Getting there and parking
To get to Terarra Creek camping and picnic area:
- Take Escort Way 10km from Eugowra or 70km from Orange
- The park entrance sign is at the intersection with Dripping Rock Road
- Turn south here and travel 2.5km along Dripping Rock Road, where you’ll cross a cattle grid into the park.
- Once over the cattle grid into the national park, travel along this trail for 4.5km to reach the camping area.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Terarra Creek camping and picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nangar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
As the days cool down, it's perfect weather for taking some of the longer walks along the walking tracks and fire trails.
Bushwalkers will be rewarded with beautiful wildflowers and flowering shrubs.
Build a cosy campfire at Terarra Creek camping and picnic area and spend a cool, clear night gazing at the stars.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
13°C and 33°C
2°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- There may some firewood at this campground, but it’s a good idea to bring your own supply.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.