Station Creek campground
Yuraygir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Station Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Station Creek campground is in the southern precinct of Yuraygir National Park. To get there:
- From Pacific Highway, take the McPhillips Road turn-off approximately 30km south of Grafton, or 25km north of Coffs Harbour.
- Continue for around 13km to the park entrance and then follow the signs to the campground.
Barcoongere Way is not recommended for any vehicles due to severe road damage.
4WD vehicles and high clearance trailers/caravans recommended. Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking available at the campground in nodes for vehicle-based and tent-based camping.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yuraygir National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is the perfect time of year to go beach fishing along the park's coastline.
The park's heathlands provide a spectacular display of wildflowers. Check them out on your choice of walking track, including the Wilsons Headland walk and, of course, the Yuraygir coastal walk.
Visit in summer to make the most of the park's countless beaches and waterways. Swim, surf or snorkel – cooling sea breezes provide welcome relief in hot weather.
Plan a winter trip to go whale watching. The sight of migrating whales swimming north to warmer waters is second-to-none, and there are magnificent viewing points at Red Cliffs lookout and Brooms Head.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- There may be a supply of firewood at this campground, however it’s a good idea to bring your own supply.
- Rubbish bins are provided
- Wood barbecues
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area.