Silent Creek campground
Abercrombie River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Silent Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Silent Creek campground is in the southern precinct of Abercrombie River National Park. To get there:
- Head south along Abercrombie Road (also called Tablelands Way) from Oberon for 32km
- 9km past Black Springs, turn right onto Isabella Road.
- Travel 25km through Vulcan State Forest on Blue Road to Arkstone Park
- Head down Abercrombie fire trail to Silent Creek campground
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
Parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for in Abercrombie River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The weather at this time of year is perfect for camping and hiking.
Bring your swimmers and take a dip in Abercrombie and Retreat rivers.
The days are crisp – snow falls in higher parts of the park – so pack on the layers, fire up the 4WD and explore some of those trails.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
9°C and 25°C
0°C and 11°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available at this campground
- Rubbish bins are not available, please take rubbish with you when you leave.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Noise restrictions apply at this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.