Sheepskin Hut campground
Wollemi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Sheepskin Hut campground.
Getting there and parking
Sheepskin Hut campground is in northeastern Wollemi National Park. To get there:
From Putty (around 2hrs):
- Take Putty Road northwest towards Singleton for 18.5km
- Turn left onto Commission Road, after 4.5km keep left to stay on Commission Road and continue around 23km
- Turn left onto Hunter Main trail and drive around 11km
- Veer right onto Sheepskin Hut trail and follow 1km to the campground.
From Bulga (around 2hrs):
- Travel 2.5km along Inlet Road then turn left onto California trail
- After 14km turn left onto Commission Road
- Continue around 18km to the junction and turn right onto Hunter Main trail
- Drive around 11km then veer right onto Sheepskin Hut trail
- Follow 1km to the campground.
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at the campground.
- There are no rubbish bins available, so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with you.
- The water tank at the campground is not suitable for drinking and is often empty.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Mountain bikes and motorcycles are permitted on management trails in this area of Wollemi National Park.
Camping with horses is permitted at Sheepskin Hut, but this campground has no facilities for horses. Horse riding is permitted on management trails only.
Camping is not permitted inside Sheepskin Hut or its shed, as they are very old and easily damaged.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Wollemi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds, North Coast and Country NSW regions
Wollemi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.