Samurai Beach campground
Tomaree National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Samurai Beach campground.
Getting there and parking
Samurai Beach campground is in Tomaree National Park. To get there from Port Stephens or Nelson Bay:
- Drive south-west along Nelson Bay Road (B63).
- Turn left onto Frost Road.
- Continue for 1.8km, then turn right onto Gan Gan Road.
- Continue for 150m, then turn left onto the 4WD-only Samurai Beach access trail.
- Drive a further 1.2km to reach Samurai Beach.
- Drive carefully along the beach front, heading north east.
- Use the access track between the dunes to reach the campground.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
If you have a 4WD vehicle, you can park at Samurai Beach campground.
If you want to hike to the campground, parking is also available at Big Rocky trail carpark. Use the informal walking tracks to make the 1.5km (20-minute) trek from the carpark across rocky headlands to Samurai Beach campground.
There are no toilets, showers, barbecues or bins at Samurai Beach campground. The nearest toilets and outdoor showers are at One Mile Beach main carpark.
Take all rubbish and waste (including toilet waste) with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Please don’t play amplified music after 10pm.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.