Saltwater Creek campground
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Saltwater Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Saltwater campground is in the central precinct of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Princes Highway onto Edrom Road, 18km south of Eden.
- After 6km, turn right into Green Cape Road and drive for approximately 8km.
- Turn left into Duckhole Road and drive for 4km, then turn right into Saltwater Creek Road for another 4km.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Saltwater Creek campground can become slippery when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Saltwater Creek campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
There are rainwater tanks at Saltwater Creek campground, but it’s advisable to bring your own water.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
- No toilet facilities to this standard and soft, sandy surfaces