Salt Caves campground
Timmallallie National Park
Salt Caves campground is a good base when visiting Timmallallie National Park and Pilliga Forest. Explore the nearby Salt Caves and walk up to Pilliga Forest lookout tower.
Located at Salt Caves picnic area, this informal campground has basic facilities and is suitable for tents, caravans and camper trailers. There are no marked sites.
Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
Pause at Salt Caves picnic area on your exploration of Pilliga Forest and Timmallallie National Park. After a barbecue lunch, take a short walk to Pilliga Forest lookout tower, or a longer hike up to look for birds.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6843 4011
- 50-58 Wellington St, Baradine NSW 2396