Red Gum campground
Clyde River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Red Gum campground.
Getting there and parking
On entering Clyde River National Park:
- Follow Rotary Drive for about 1.5km until you pass Holmes lookout
- Take the second right and drive for approximately 2km until you arrive at Red Gum campground
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
Parking is available a short walk from Red Gum campground, near the toilets
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Clyde River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take in magnificent sunset views from Holmes lookout after a day of exploring.
Get away from the holiday crowds and enjoy peaceful camping, swimming and kayaking on mighty Clyde River.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
14°C and 24°C
6°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Firewood is not provided and is sparse in the park.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Boat hire, camping supplies, grocery stores and medical supplies and services are available at Batemans Bay.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.