Putty Beach campground
Bouddi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Putty Beach campground.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Putty Beach campground is located in the Putty Beach precinct of Bouddi National Park.
To get there:
- From Empire Bay, turn onto Wards Hill Road
- Turn right into The Scenic Road at Killcare Heights
- Turn left into Putty Beach Road and follow to the campground
Park entry points
- Putty Beach campground carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available in the carparks along the campground road.
Best times to visit
Take the Bouddi Coastal walk to be amazed by the colourful wildflowers on display in spring.
Cool off with a dip at one the park's gorgeous beaches or try snorkelling at Maitland Bay Surf the popular coastline between MacMasters Beach and Box Head .
Grab the camera and spot humpback whales as they migrate north between May and July.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 17°C
January to March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Campsites are marked, unpowered and suitable for tents only.
- All sites (except 13 and 18) are suitable for 1 large tent (4–6) people or 2 small tents (2–3 people), with a maximum of 6 people per campsite.
- Sites 13 and 18 are suitable for 1 small tent (2–3 people), with a maximum of 3 people per campsite.
- No power is available.
- Rubbish and recycling bins are available.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
You can access town water at the campsite, but it's a good idea to bring your own drinking water as well.
There is one outdoor cold water shower available at this campground.
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible, with a wheelchair-accessible toilet and campsites.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Putty Beach is a family friendly campground. Please be considerate of others during your stay:
- For the comfort of all campground visitors, we ask that you keep noise to a minimum.
- Noise restrictions apply after 10pm.
Amplified music is not permitted, fines apply.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Wood fires are not permitted at this campground.
Generators are not permitted, fines apply.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day in the Putty Beach precinct. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass