South East Forests National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Postmans campground.
Getting there and parking
Postmans campground is in the Tantawangalo area of South East Forests National Park.
To get there from Nimmitabel (4WD only):
- Drive south for 10km along Snowy Mountains Highway
- Turn right onto Monaro Highway and follow for 4 km
- Turn left onto New Line Road and follow for 19km
- Turn left onto Packers Swamp Road for 4km
- Turn right onto Cattlemans Link track, after 3.5km veer right onto Cattlemans track and continue around 11km
- Turn right onto Postmans track and follow 3km to the campground.
- This route includes 1 creek crossing. Tantawangalo Creek maybe impassable after heavy rain, so it’s a good idea to check access with Bombala Office before you set out.
To get there from Bombala:
- Drive east for 19km along Cathcart Road and Mount Darragh Road
- Pass through Cathcart then turn left onto Tantawangalo Mountain Road
- After around 8.5km veer left onto Postmans track and follow around 5km to the campground.
To get there from Bega:
- Turn off Princes Highway onto Candelo-Bega Road
- At Candelo, turn right onto Eden Street then left onto Sharpe Street
- Turn right onto Tantawangalo Mountain Road
- After around 18km turn right onto Knox Link track, then right onto Postmans track and follow road to the campground.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
- You’ll need to bring your own supply of drinking and cooking water.
- There are no bins at Postmans campground so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with you.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Hard access is via steps or a steep slope, or you'll have to move across a rough surface with obstacles such as potholes, tree roots, and rocks. Assistance will be necessary.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Recreational hunting in NSW National Parks is an illegal activity and is a fineable offence.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.