Point Plomer campground
Limeburners Creek National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Point Plomer campground.
Getting there and parking
Point Plomer campgroud is in the central precinct of Limeburners Creek National Park. To get there:
- Drive towards Crescent Head from Kempsey
- As you enter Crescent Head village, turn right into Point Plomer Road, also known as Bakers Road.
- Continue for approximately 14km along gravel road to the Big Hill entrance to the park
- Continue along this road another 3km and you’ll arrive at Point Plomer, where you’ll see the campground.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Point Plomer campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Point Plomer campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Limeburners Creek National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Watch the heathland wildflowers burst with colour and enjoy long walks on the beach as you look out for whales in the distance.
Take the kids to Point Plomer for a family holiday by the beach, swimming by day and discovering the star-filled skies by night.
Take advantage of the better surf conditions in winter and a chance to spot whales on their migration north.
- Water is not available at this campground. You can bring your own supply or buy it at the site office.
- Firewood and ice are available at the site office for Point Plomer campground
- Rubbish bins are provided, but we encourage you to take your rubbish with you.
- Flush toilets
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- There are wheelchair accessible toilets and a viewing deck
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.