Plateau Beech campground
Werrikimbe National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Plateau Beech campground.
Getting there and parking
Plateau Beech campground is in the eastern precinct of the park, and is best accessed via Wauchope or Port Macquarie. On entering Werrikimbe National Park:
- Continue driving on Hastings Forest Way for 8km to the junction with Cockerawombeeba Road (Cocky Road)
- Turn into Cockerawombeeba Road and continue for about 11km to the turnoff to Plateau Beech
- Follow for approximately 2.8km to Plateau Beech campground
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Plateau Beech campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Werrikimbe National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Bathe in warm days and huddle around the campfire on cool nights at one of the remote campgrounds.
See the bushland burst with colour as the spring wildflowers attract a range of birds.
Escape the crowds and the coastal heat and enjoy walking in cool temperate rainforest.
Experience crystal clear days and crisp early morning frosts. Listen out for the night-time territorial calls of large forest owls from your tent.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 29°C
5°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Firewood is not provided and should not be collected from the park.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.