Pebbly Beach campground - Murramarang National Park
Murramarang National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Pebbly Beach campground - Murramarang National Park.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Pebbly Beach campground is located within Murramarang National Park. To get there:
- Take the Princes Highway to East Lynne
- Turn into Mt Agony Road for sealed access all the way
- Take the second right just before the start of the dirt road
- Wind your way down the hill, left into the campground.
You can also reach Pebbly Beach via Pebbly Beach Road, from the Princes Highway. But Pebbly Beach Road is unsealed.
Park entry points
- Pebbly Beach carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available next to or on your campsite. 1 vehicle is permitted per campsite booking.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murramarang National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spring is a great time to dust off your hiking boots and take to the park's tracks. Try the Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walk for spectacular views of the coast and ranges.
There's no better time to head down the coast and catch some sunshine. With crystal clear waters for swimming and snorkelling, a beach camping trip is the ideal way to enjoy the Aussie summer.
Birdwatching opportunities abound at this time of year, see if you can catch the courting displays of lyrebirds in the park's rainforest areas.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 25°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Campsites are marked and most are suitable for tents only.
- There's a limited number of sites suitable for small caravans (under 15 feet/4.57m), camper trailers and campervans.
- Tent sites range from 3.6mx3.3m to 6mx4.1m.
- Other sites range from 5.8mx5.8m to 7.9mx5.4m.
- Campsites are not powered and there is no power available in the campground
- There is no mobile phone coverage at Pebbly Beach
- Please put your rubbish in the bins provided
- The nearby Pebbly Beach shacks are available for hire
- Flush toilets
There are wood barbecues on all of the tent only sites, but not on other sites. You can bring your own fire pit/brassiere.
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Drinking water is available at the campground, however you’ll need to boil it before drinking.
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- The toilets are wheelchair accessible
- The viewing platform over the beach is also wheelchair accessible.
Chemical toilets like porta potties are permitted but can't be emptied into the NPWS toilets.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Spear fishing is permitted in designated areas only.
Amplified music is not permitted.
Generators are not permitted
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.