Nymboida River campground
Nymboida National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Nymboida River campground.
Getting there and parking
To reach Nymboida River campground from Grafton (4WD required):
- Travel west along Gwydir Highway from Grafton, and turn south onto Old Glen Innes Road, 8km from Grafton
- Travel along Old Glen Innes Road a further 32km to the top of Buccarumbi Range
- Turn north onto Doboy Road, travelling a further 24km to Nymboida National Park and Nymboida River campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become slippery when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Nymboida River campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nymboida National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take on a canoeing challenge as the heat of summer wanes, but the water is still not too cold if you fancy a dip.
As the days and nights grow warmer, this is a perfect time to camp and bushwalk in Nymboida.
In summer, the water is warm enough for swimming.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
13°C and 25°C
–1°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground
- Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.