Mount Werong campground
Southern Blue Mountains area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Werong campground.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Mount Werong campground is in the remote Southern Blue Mountains area. To get there:
- Start at Oberon on Edith Road, then turn right after 8km onto Butter Factory Lane, which leads onto Shooters Hill Road.
- Turn left onto Mount Werong Road (also known as Colong Oberon historic stock route) and follow this unsealed road for approx 10km from the entrance to the park.
Park entry points
- Colong Oberon historic stock route See on map
Road access, conditions and restrictions
- Restricted access: There’s no direct access to Southern Blue Mountains area or Yerranderie through the Burragorang Valley from East Picton or Oakdale. This is a Schedule 1 protected water catchment with access restrictions. If you’re using GPS or online mapping, please enter Oberon or Goulburn as your destination to avoid navigational issues.
- In wet weather, check conditions or closures with Oberon office.
- Unsealed road. Suitable for 2WD vehicles.
Parking is available at Mount Werong campground.
- Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when you leave.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)