Moira South campgrounds
Murray Valley National Park
Book a camping stay at Moira South campgrounds in Murray Valley National Park, near Barmah. These campsites are ideal if would like to be close to the small township of Barmah, but still enjoy the Murray River.
Choose from 4 campgrounds when you arrive:
- Bridge campground
- Ferry campground
- Circular Landing campground
- Algeboia campground
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can’t remove firewood from the park.
- Chainsaws are not permitted.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murray Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Moira South campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended when wet. RVs/Motorhomes are not recommended in these campgrounds.
How to get there
From the township of Barmah:
- Travel on Barmah Road until you reach the park entrance.
- Then follow the Barmah River Road once you have entered the park.
Murray River canoe trails
These 4 canoe trails in Murray Valley National Park and Victoria’s Barmah National Park offer something for every paddler. Canoe the flowing Murray River, secluded creeks or Barmah Lake.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)