Little Murray campground
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Little Murray campground.
Getting there and parking
Little Murray campground is in the Barrington Tops precinct of Barrington Tops National Park.
- Take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Turn left into Barrington trail at Barrington trail picnic area located on the left after passing Devils Hole.
- Follow Barrington trail for around 5km to Little Murray campground.
- Take the Hunter Road from Scone
- Turn right on to Moonan Brook Road, the turn left on Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Turn into Barrington trail, which is on the right 1km past Polblue.
- Follow Barrington trail for around 5km to Little Murray campground
Barrington trail is only open to vehicles from October 1 to May 31. At other times, this campground is only accessible by walking or cycling (5km one-way) when the 4WD access trails close. Temporary closures may occur during this period due to weather conditions. Check alerts for current closures.
Roads may become slippery in wet weather.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
There's parking at the campground directly next to your campsite.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Water is available at this campground, but it’s advisable to boil or treat the water before drinking.
There's an accessible non-flush toilet that's located up a grassy slope.
- Non-flush toilets
The picnic tables at the campground are set on concrete slabs and surrounded by grass.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
The campground is mostly flat and step-free, but there are no pathways. You can park next to your campsite, but you'll need to cross over grass to reach the campground's facilities.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
The campground is step-free and mostly flat, but there are no pathways. You can park directly next to your campsite, but you'll need to cross over grass to reach the campground's facilities.
There's an accessible toilet that's located up a grassy slope.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Keep campfires small or use a camp stove instead.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.