Little Murray campground
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Little Murray campground.
Getting there and parking
Little Murray campground is in the Barrington Tops precinct of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- From Gloucester take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Turn left into Barrington trail at Barrington trail picnic area located on the left after passing Devils Hole
- Follow Barrington trail for approximately 5km to Little Murray campground
- Barrington trail is only open to vehicles from October 1 – May 31
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Little Murray campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Water is available at this campground, but it’s advisable to boil or treat the water before drinking.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Access to toilet facilities at this campground is up a grassy slope.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Keep campfires small or use a camp stove instead.