Junction Pools campground
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Junction Pools campground.
Getting there and parking
Junction Pools campground is in the Barrington Tops precinct of Barrington Tops National Park.
- Take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Turn left into Barrington trail at Barrington trail picnic area located on the left after passing Devils Hole.
- Follow Barrington trail for around 12km to Junction Pools campground.
- Take the Hunter Road from Scone
- Turn right on to Moonan Brook Road, then turn left on Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Turn into Barrington trail, which is on the right 1km past Polblue.
- Follow Barrington trail for around 12.5km to Junction Pools campground.
Barrington trail is only open to vehicles from1 October 31 May. From 1 June to 30 September, you can only access Junction Pools campground by walking or cycling. It’s a 12km one-way walk or cycle into the campground from the carpark at the head of the Barrington Trail south, off Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Junction Pools campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Water is available at this campground, but it’s advisable to boil or treat the water before drinking.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
There is uneven ground at this campground.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Keep campfires small or use a camp stove instead.