Jounama Creek campground
Tumut area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Jounama Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Jounama Creek campground is in the north-west precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Take Snowy Mountains Highway south from Tumut for about 42km
- Turn left at the campground sign opposite the turn-off to Talbingo township
- Drive 500m to the campground
- It's recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains from the June to October long weekends. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Journama Creek campground.
- Creek water is available at this campground – you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- There may be a supply of firewood in this campground, and you may also collect firewood from fallen timber.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Tumut area is open all year but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Tumut area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass