Horse Swamp campground
Barrington Tops State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Horse Swamp campground.
Getting there and parking
Horse Swamp campground is in the state conservation area of Barrington Tops State Conservation Area. To get there:
- Take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- 5km past Polblue campground, turn right into Tubrabucca Road.
- Travel 2 km to arrive at Horse Swamp campground
- Take Grundy Road to Moonan Flat and take Moonan Brook Road
- Turn left into Barrington Tops Forest Road
- Travel 2km past the Dingo Gate on Barrington Tops Forest Road
- Turn left onto Tubrabucca Road
- Travel 2km to arrive at Horse Swamp campground
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Horse Swamp campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Water is not available at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
You'll need to go up some steps to access the toilet facilities at this campground.
Hard access is via steps or a steep slope, or you'll have to move across a rough surface with obstacles such as potholes, tree roots, and rocks. Assistance will be necessary.