Heartbreak Hill campground
Parr State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Heartbreak Hill campground.
Getting there and parking
Heartbreak Hill campground is in the northern precinct of Parr State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From Wisemans Ferry, take the Webbs Creek Ferry and turn right on the other side
- Follow St Albans Road for approximately 5km
- Turn left in to Webbs Creek Road and continue for approximately 250m up the hill
- Womerah Range trail begins at the crest on the right hand side
- Follow the signs along Womerah Range trail for approximately 15km to the campground.
Alternatively, if beginning from Putty Road:
- From Colo Heights, follow Putty Road north
- After approximately 25km look for the Womerah Range trail on the right
- Follow the signs along Womerah Range trail for approximately 30km to the campground.
Check the weather before you leave as the road to Heartbreak Hill campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Webbs Creek Road and Putty Road entrances or at Heartbreak Hill campground with a valid permit.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Parr State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler temperatures make for great hiking and cycling conditions.
The milder temperatures make this an ideal time for hiking and, as though purely for your viewing pleasure, wildflowers decorate the surrounding bushland.
For the adventurous, this is a great time of year to tackle an epic mountain bike ride on Womerah Range trail.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 26.5°C
6.6°C and 16.6°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Water is not available at this campground, so you'll need to bring your own supply.
- Non-flush toilets
Visitors are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
You’ll need a permit and key, for a fee of $100, to enter the area with a 4WD. This can be arranged through the Bulga office.
Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park, so you’ll need to bring your own.
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.