Goobang National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Greenbah campground.
Getting there and parking
Greenbah campground is in the Herveys Range sector of Goobang National Park. To get there:
- Make your way to Peak Hill-Baldry Road, just south of Trewilga, following the signs to Goobang National Park.
- Follow this road for 15km, then turn left into the park.
- Follow Sawpit Gully fire trail for 5.5km (around several bends) until you reach Greenbah campground.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Greenbah campground may be closed following high rainfall.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Greenbah campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Goobang National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The temperate climate makes it a good time to bushwalk on several different walking tracks or fire trails. More experienced walkers can explore the park further and head off the beaten track. Clear, crisp autumn skies mean stargazing is at its best from Wanda Wandong campground. .
Enjoy the wildflowers and flowering shrubs in full, beautiful bloom. Drive up to Caloma lookout for great views of the surrounding farming country with its mosaic of canola, cereals and pasture paddocks .
Make the most of the free gas barbecues at Wanda Wandong campground to unwind after some active park exploration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 33°C
7°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
You are encouraged to bring your own supply of firewood.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair accessible.