Ferny Creek campground
Wallingat National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Ferny Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Ferny Creek campground is in Wallingat National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Pacific Highway at Kennedy's Gap Road
- Follow Kennedy's Gap Road to Ferny Creek Road
- Turn left along Ferny Creek Road and follow to the campground
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
Parking is available at Ferny Creek campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wallingat National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
With temperatures slightly cooler, explore the network of gravel roads by foot or on a mountain bike.
With the wildflowers - including the purple blooms of the velvet mint-bush - coming out, this is a great time for birdwatching.
The weather is warm and sunny, so now's the time to pitch a tent and stay for a few days. Make the most of the boat ramp at Cockatoo picnic area Head to Sugar Creek picnic area and, after lunch, take a walk through the cool forest. .
Visitor numbers are down, so take the car along the park's unsealed roads and discover the forest, rivers and lake.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 29°C
7°C and 21°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.