Warrumbungle National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Dows camp.
Getting there and parking
Dows camp is in the southern area of Warrumbungle National Park. To get there from Coonabarabran:
- Follow John Renshaw Parkway into Warrumbungle National Park
- Turn left into Pincham Road around 100m past the visitor centre turnoff
- Park your car at Pincham carpark then walk clockwise along Breadknife and Grand High Tops walk for about 3-4hours (8km) to reach Dows camp.
The sealed roads are suitable for 2WD vehicles to the carpark. It is a walk-in campsite.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Pincham carpark.
- Dows camp has no facilities.
- Campers need to be self-sufficient. You’ll need to bring all your equipment and supplies with you.
- There are no rubbish bins available, so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Please camp in the designated Dows camp area. Camping is not permitted on walking tracks.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass