Goolawah Regional Park
All the practical information you need to know about Delicate campground.
Getting there and parking
Delicate campground is located in Goolawah Regional Park. To get there:
- From South Kempsey, take Crescent Head Road.
- Just after entering Crescent Head village, take the prominent right turn to Point Plomer Road.
- Continue along Point Plomer Road until you find Goolawah Regional Park, which commences after Racecourse Headland.
- It’s a 10km drive from Crescent Head Road to Delicate campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become potholed and boggy when it rains.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Delicate campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Goolawah Regional Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is a great time to go beachcombing, feel the sand between your toes on a beach walk, and breathe in the salty sea air. The water is still quite warm in autumn, too, so a swim is certainly not out of the question.
Roam through the park in spring to go birdwatching and see the coastal heathlands bursting with wildflowers. The colourful banksias and bottlebrush will catch your eye instantly.
Bring your towel and bathers, you'll find Goolawah Beach a great spot for swimming, surfing and snorkeling.
Winter is the time for whale watching. Plan a winter trip if you prefer a quieter camping experience. Campgrounds are less crowded at this time of year.
- Drinking water is not available at this campground.
- Unpotable bore water is available at this campground
- Firewood can be purchased from the campground manager
There are flush toilets in the main amenities block at this campground. You'll also find non-flush toilets at the northern end of the campground.
- Flush toilets
- Non-flush toilets
Cold water beach showers are available but there is no private shower block.
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access some parts of this area, including the beach, due to uneven surfaces.
- There are accessible toilets at this campground.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Fire rings are not provided. Fires are permitted in off the ground braziers only. Campers are encouraged to bring their own portable braziers and fuel stoves but hire is available from the campground manager.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Dogs may be brought into Goolawah Regional Park, including Delicate campground, as long as park restrictions surrounding dogs are observed. Dogs are not permitted in adjacent Goolawah National Park or Limeburners Creek National Park.
- For their safety, dogs should be immunised and protected from ticks.
- Dogs must be supervised and on leash at all times in the campground and along walking tracks.
- Please do not bring un-desexed dogs in season – they may attract dingoes.
On-ground campfires are prohibited. Fines apply.
Firewood is not provided for wood barbecues and may not be collected from the park, so please bring your own supply.
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.