Darling River campground
Kinchega National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Darling River campground.
Getting there and parking
Darling River campground is along River Drive in Kinchega National Park.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Darling River campground may be closed during heavy rain.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available along River Drive.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kinchega National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
It's a great time for a camping trip when the weather is a bit cooler and the park is springing to life after the sleepy winter.
Cool off after a hot day of exploring in the park's rivers or lakes.
Throw in your line below Weir 32 on the Darling river – you might catch a golden perch. You'll need a current NSW recreational fishing licence though, and you must abide by bag limits and protected species fishing laws.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 34°C
5°C and 19°C
May and October
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking and cooking water is not available at this campground.
- Hot showers and bore water are available at the Shearers' Quarters at the Historic Woolshed by gold coin donation.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
- in Kinchega National Park in the Outback NSW region
Kinchega National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has a pay and display envelope payment system - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass
Kinchega Visitor Centre
673 Woolshed Drive, Menindee NSW 2879
- Kinchega Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)