Warrumbungle National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Danu camp.
Getting there and parking
Danu camp is in the southern area of Warrumbungle National Park. To get there from Coonabarabran:
- Follow the signs to Warrumbungle National Park from Newell Highway
- Follow John Renshaw Parkway around 33km into the centre of the park
- Turn left off John Renshaw Parkway to Split Rock picnic area
- Park the car at the carpark then walk or cycle along Burbie fire trail, which forms part of Mount Exmouth track, around 6.7km to Danu Saddle, where Danu camp is located.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Split Rock picnic area carpark.
- Danu camp has no facilities.
- Campers need to be self-sufficient. You’ll need to bring all your equipment and supplies with you.
- There are no rubbish bins available, so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Solid fuel stoves are permitted at Danu camp if you intend to cook, but campfires and gathering firewood are prohibited.
Please camp in the designated Danu camp area. Camping is not permitted on walking tracks or fire trails.
Bicycles are permitted on the Burbie fire trail section of Mount Exmouth walking track. This trail is rough and very steep.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass