Dangars Gorge campground
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Dangars Gorge campground.
Getting there and parking
Dangars Gorge campground is in the Dangars Gorge precinct of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. To get there from Armidale Post Office:
- Follow Faulkner Street to the south
- Turn left into Kentucky Steet, signposted to Dangar Falls, and drive approximately 1km.
- Turn right into Dangarsleigh Road and continue for approximately 8km
- Turn left at the sign to Dangars Gorge and follow the unsealed road for 10km
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Dangars Gorge campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time to tackle the Green Gully track when the days are not too hot and the nights not too cold.
The heathlands are a riot of colour when the flowers are out.
The waterfalls are likely to be at their most impressive after the summer rains.
Crisp, cool and clear days are good for a brisk half day bushwalk.
Water is available but you need to boil or treat it before drinking.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are 3 areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park where you'll need day use vehicle permits: Halls Peak campground and picnic area, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales Hut campground and picnic area. Day use vehicle permits can be bought online or by calling the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757. If camping, permit fees are included in the campground fee.Contact us for permits