Coxs Creek campground
Coolah Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Coxs Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Coxs Creek campground is in the western precinct of Coolah Tops National Park. To get there:
- After entering the park, continue on The Forest Road for approximately 6km.
- Take the first left turn onto The Pinnacle Road
- After about 500m, take the first left onto the Coxs Creek campground access road.
- Drive for 500m and you’ll enter the camping area
Check the weather before you set out as some roads within the park are closed after heavy rain.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Coxs Creek campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Coolah Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Great camping weather before the cold weather arrives. Swap stories by the campfire about the day's adventures.
See the park come to life as the pink darling pea, yellow flowering black wattle and silver wattle burst into colour.
Enjoy warm days walking and mountain biking and cooler nights in the bush.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 30°C
2°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is available at nearby Coxs Creek, but should be boiled before consumption.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
- Wheelchair accessible toilet
Firewood is not provided, but you may collect wood from within the park. Please note that the use of chainsaws is not permitted.
Generators are not permitted in this campground
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.